6.23.2008

George Carlin, 1937 - 2008



It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.

George Carlin passed away yesterday at the age of 71. When asked what he would want on his tombstone he said "Gee, he was just here a minute ago."

I've followed George since my childhood so this came as a bit of a shock. He had just as much an influence on me politically as Tim Russert and spoke his mind on so many subjects I care about I wouldn't be able to list them all here.

The clip is from his unbelievable 2005 performance Life Is Worth Losing. He recently performed a new stand up It's Bad For Ya for HBO this March, and was just honored with the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize for American Humor four days before his death. You can hear an interview he did on Fresh Air back in 2004 here. Browse more reports of his death here.

0 comments: